Tuesday, August 30

Sunday Inspirations

I know Sunday has passed, but I really want to create a Sunday Inspiration post.... on sundays. Mainly to help myself really learn and apply the principles learned in church, and in sabbath readings. I think this will help me more fully understand how to take a teaching and apply it to make myself better. And if it helps some other friends... all the better:)

This Sunday at church there was an awesome speaker. He had a way with his voice that really drew me in and made me listen. (i wish i had that quality) The lesson I received from his talk was this:

 God asks us to keep his commandments and in return he promises us Everything. Eternal life, Knowledge, happiness, etc., and yet we still have trouble in doing the things he asks of us. But imagine if we were promised 1 mill for praying every morning and night for a month. . . Would you? Would you feel more enticed to do so?

Its an interesting concept. it made me think. Keeping the larger perspective could have a huge effect on your life. Heres one of my personal examples:: You know when your ready for bed and just want to sleep, and then right when your all comfortable and cozy and just dazing off, you remember! I forgot to pray! I honestly have the hardest time getting out of bed and kneeling to pray! At the moment I think im tired! but in the larger perspective, your promised... well, everything!

We get so easily distracted with worldly ideas that we often forget the larger perspective. We have a hard time remembering that it's not all about that moment.... its about so much more! It's about returning to our Heavenly Father and our beloved brother!


This picture seemed appropriate to use. For this week I want to keep it in mind. When the world distracts me, I can think of returning to Jesus, and see the larger perspective. I challenge you to do the same.

FEED THE FISH


I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Any Questions? Comment on this post with your email and question and i'd love to chat with you! or visit the LDS Site!

No comments:

Post a Comment