Monday, August 8

Too many people...

I have found that I enjoy to spend money. but doesn't everybody? you get somewhat of a high from buying something new. soon realizing that it will never make you happy, you have to buy more for that same high. As this is a somewhat embarrassing topic, I feel impressed to write about it.

The pressure to be a certain way can get ahold of me and command my thoughts and actions. The idea of having a pretty smile, long eye lashes, skinny waist, and nice clothes seem to posses me. At times I get myself to think that if I have these things I will be happier. That I will be accepted. Even that people will like me more.

What kind of a society do we live in that has hypnotized us to believe such rubbish.

I was on Pintrest.com looking at fun things like organizers, room styles and clothing and things that I thought would make me happier, and feel more accepted. Then I came upon this Quote:

It really hit me. Here I was planning my next shopping trips for things I didn't need. I have a room, that fits me fine, and I don't need it to look any special way for friends. It's my room, not theirs. I have plenty of clothes, although I love the idea of back to school shopping, it really isn't necessary. Those red jeans wont make me any happier. and surely won't make me more accepted by my peers. 

I have so much to be grateful for, so why try to impress people I don't like. That quote really says it all. 
So there's the story of my "aha" moment of the week:)

FEED THE FISH

1 comment:

  1. I respect this post completely. You are a great writer Liz! I enjoy your blog dude. :)

    ReplyDelete